Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Encorine: Capture Mildness of The Daily-life Scenes



Encorine is an experimental photo-manipulator from France.
She's simply different. Most of her works capture the obscurity and lonesome of common places that people pass by, everyday. Here's an interview that I had with her.


1. What brings you to the world of "obscurity and polaroid-films"?
The first time I'm really interested in polaroid films was when I heard about
FadeToBlack, so, the word "obscurity" is well chosen!
I'm fascinated by these instant films, they have something magical. And to
have the possibility to do some manipulations is so interesting. I'm
learning with my mistakes.
At least, I'd like to do with polaroids, some emulsions transfers. I'm
waiting some months more before my first try...

2. What's your favourite camera?
I love my Polaroid 636 CloseUp, but I dream of a SX70, and I'm happy with my
Canon EOS 450D, but I dream of a Leica M9!!!



3. What do you like the most about taking a picture?
When I take a picture, I mentally resize it into a square format, and I
imagine it finished with different manipulations or treatments.
When I go out with my camera, I take 150 / 200 pictures, to keep generally 4
or 5. I love to search for the angle which will give an unusual image.
My favorite moments are when i'm outside very early, when people are still
sleeping, and to have the world just for me...

4. If there's a word that could describe you artwork style...
I feel so unsure of me, and so full of doubts...
"Experimental" could be a right word, because I'll never stop to try
different things.
It's so boring to see an artist doing always the same works.
To be open and curious from the others is the best way to be creative :
important to have exchanges.
Through and with the others, i can learn to know myself.

5. Beauty is...
Everywhere.



6. How do you see independent-art in a capitalism world of today?
A drop in the ocean...

7. Which artist that you admire the most?
Christopher Doyle!

8. Aside from making art, what do you like to do?
Writing... sleeping... dreaming...

9. What kind of places that inspire you the most? Define your dream
vacation...
Africa, for the lights and the colours.

4 comments: